*** At this time all services are through online teletherapy.***
I currently provide individual therapy only. I do not provide couples counseling.
Initial Intake and subsequent therapy sessions are 55 min/ session
Before scheduling a first appointment with a new client, I offer a 15 minute free consultation call to help me get an idea of what your needs are and to determine if I’m a good fit for you. Please visit the Contact/Make an Appointment page to schedule a consultation call.
How I Work
I believe everyone has an innate capacity to heal and change. Access to this healing is sometimes blocked when there is a need to adapt and survive traumatic, difficult, or overwhelming experiences. Perhaps it is something that happened in childhood, or over a period of time, or is a single incident that occurred more recently.
When access to healing is blocked, our nervous system can become overwhelmed. When this happens we may experience:
- pain, constriction, or numbness
- anxiety, panic, or hyper-alertness
- depression, withdrawal, or deadening of sensations
- anger or hyper-sensitivity
- substance abuse
- conflictual relational patterns
- low self-esteem or low motivation
While these changes in emotions and behavior stem from our efforts to manage the difficult feelings or thoughts, they may repeatedly get in the way of feeling better.
Keeping the whole mind/body system at the center of our work, I facilitate an understanding of these patterns and connect clients to their internal strengths and resources. By building on these core strengths and resources, clients develop a greater capacity to rewire maladaptive patterns. Clients are more able to transform their lives, build resiliency, and create pathways to greater fulfillment and health. Our goal together is to foster growth and a more compassionate self.
- Trauma and PTSD
- Childhood trauma, including sexual abuse
- General anxiety
- Climate/ Eco Anxiety
- Grief and loss
- LGBTQI community
- Immigration/ Acculturation
- Hispanic/ Latinx teens and adults
Training and Approaches
- Internal Family Systems
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (certified EMDR therapist)
- Polyvagal Theory
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing